Borrow Love Return (“BLR”) is committed to ensuring the privacy of your personal information. This privacy notice outlines the types of personal information we collect, how we use this information and with whom we share it. It also describes the efforts we undertake to protect the security of your personal information, the choices available to you regarding our use of this information and how you can contact us about our privacy practices.
When you sign up as a registered user on our website you may begin receiving marketing communications such as e-mail newsletters, product and service updates and promotions. Our customers generally find this type of information useful. If you do not want to receive these updates, you must “opt-out” by unchecking the “Add me to the mailing list” box on the registration page, or should you choose to opt-out after registering, you can select the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email and follow the opt-out instructions or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
- When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information.”
- When you register on the site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, enter a contest, respond to an e-communication, or participate in another site feature
- When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information.
- We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfill the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes.
- Like many websites, we use “cookies” to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the “Do we use ‘cookies’?” section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
HOW YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE USED
To personalize your experience – your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our website – we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve our customer care – your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions – your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the purchased product or service requested.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature
- To send periodic emails/newsletters about the latest news we have to offer
- The email address you provide for order processing, may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional company news, updates, related product or service information, etc.
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
- After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
WE USE ‘COOKIES’
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- We may contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
WE NEVER SHARE
We do not sell your personal information to anyone. We may share your personal information with third parties only as set out in this privacy notice.
We may provide your personal information to certain of our service providers in order to operate our business and this site. For example, we may need to rely on such service providers to deliver your order or offer you customer support. These service providers are not authorized to use or disclose your personal information except to the extent necessary to perform such services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
We also may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order), (ii) in response to a request by governmental or regulatory authorities, or (iii) when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, your safety or the safety of others, or to investigate suspected fraud or other illegal activity.
We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to our site, or the orders placed on certain dates) with third parties, including advertising partners. Such information will not directly personally identify you or any user.
In the event we sell, merge or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets, we reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you to the transaction counterparty. We will post a notice of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information on our site, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information.
Now Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
Communicate with you;
Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing Your Personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use WordPress to power our online store. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site–you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by:
FACEBOOK – https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
GOOGLE – https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
BING – https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do Not Track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are an American Citizen we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of the United States, including to Canada.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.